• Don’t try to use packing tape, it won’t work and you’ll just end up getting mad (experience taught me this one!)
• It is a necessity to wait for each coat to dry before adding another, or applying tape!
• Peel tape off ASAP, the quicker the better because even if your base coat is completely dry it still might peel if you leave the tape on too long.
• Adding a top coat will blend the two layers so there isn’t a step up to the triangle.
• If you’d like to do the triangle in lighter color than the base coat then try adding a coat of white to the triangle area first.
Have fun! Leave a link in the comments in you decide to blog about your pretty nails after trying the tutorial, I’d love to see!!
ps. Don’t forget to check out the tutorial I did a while back on how to get perfect polka dots! part 1 & part 2.