- The number one item on my birthday wish list – these lights! Two of them! I actually spotted these at a friend’s house and immediately knew I had to get my hands on some. I already know exactly where I’d put them. Hanging those Christmas lights in the living room of my last apartment really showed me how important lighting is and how cozy the right lighting can be. We have really awesome light bulbs that change colors in our living room in this apartment and I think a set of these little lights would just finish off the room perfectly.
- Randomly happened to stumble upon this chai spice lip balm… Yeah, that’s right up my alley!
- Speaking of cozy lighting, it’s exactly what my bedroom is missing. I originally was thinking of just getting regular old Christmas lights but I love the bulbs on this set. I’m thinking three sets would be ideal.
- For the longest time I’ve been thinking about getting an advanced compact camera. Something that I can adjust all the settings of, get rad photos with still but not always have to carry my big heavy camera. I originally found the Canon Powershot G7 X which is pictured above but upon a little bit more research I think I might like the G5 X better (because it has a view finder!) Clearly I’m not 100% sold on which camera but I definitely want one!
- Weirdest thing to put on my birthday wishlist, and whenever I suggest it to Jeff he says it just seems wrong BUUUT y’all I would not mind being stocked up on Mrs. Meyer’s products. Is this true adulthood? Asking for cleaning products for my birthday?
- Coffee! I’m not picky and there’s never enough of it in this house. I’ve never actually tried the brand pictured here, Koffee Kult, but it has some amazing reviews. Anyone had it? Recommend it?
- Last week we did a little bit of rearranging in the kitchen. Plants needed to be moved away from the window so that we could install a window air conditioning unit. Obviously, the plants can’t be moved back there because it’d be too cold for them and now there is this open space that would be absolutely perfect for a very small kitchen table. I mentioned it to Jeff, we agreed it’s something we should look into and then the more I thought about it the more it’s becoming one of those things I don’t even know how we’re surviving without. Heh. But in all seriousness, the idea of actually eating food together at a table is very appealing. I spotted this table from Ikea, and paired with two of these chairs I think it’s exactly what’s missing in our apartment!
My birthday really sneaked up on me this year. It’s just over one week away and to be honest, I haven’t given it much thought. Is this what getting older is like? I hope not. I still plan on celebrating the heck out of the day but it really is amazing how quickly it approached. Writing a list this year was hard. I remember making lists as a child… and maybe like five years ago and it was so easy. This year, up until actually sitting down to write this one, I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be making a list. The older I get the more expensive the things I want are, the sillier it seems to ask for those things, and the less things I want. I don’t technically need any my seven picks from above but I certainly wouldn’t mind getting some fancy lights for my apartment.
For maybe the first time ever, I’m honestly more excited about my party than getting any sort of presents. Not saying I didn’t love time with friends before but ya know I really like presents. Just being honest here. Last year’s party was seriously amazing. This year just might top that. I am very excited for the next few weeks! Bring it on, August!